“In August, the large masses of berries, which, when in flower, had attracted many wild bees, gradually assumed their bright velvety crimson hue, and by their weight again bent down and broke their tender limbs.”
– Henry David Thoreau
In August, the sun is sizzling and the berries are bursting! If your looking to celebrate but yearning for a less formal event than the upscale seasonal dinner, why not consider a charming rustic berry brunch?!
Toss some raspberry pastries, blueberry muffins, blackberry spritzers, & fresh berries on the table, and voila!! It’s a seasonal celebration very akin to the sunny laze of August afternoons. ❤❦♪♫
Details of my design:
- My tablecloth is a gentle green cut of raw-edged burlap, purchased by the yard on ebay.
- My placemats are coordinated folded dishtowels.
- My plates are lovingly mismatched, textural juxtaposition of stoneware alongside Bavarian china as well as visual complements of rich creams mixed with blues, golds, and even images of berries.
- My spritzer glasses are authentic jelly jars, which I adore.
- My centerpiece is simply my buffet displayed in baskets and servers with a few bud vases filled with fresh, seasonal, diminutive flora gently strewn about.
- And last but not least, my stemmed, berry red water glasses added just the delightful finishing touch I was looking for. What a lovely pop of color amidst the cream, blue, and pale green decor!
- I complemented the tablescape with a coordinated berry side table boasting aspects of each of the four elements, some faux berries, beautiful blueberry blue palm wax tapers, and a corn dolly I handcrafted out of wheat.
Enjoy & Have a wonderful, berryful August!! ❤❦♪♫