Especially when pairing wines with multiple courses, personalized charms see almost a must! Also, guests are so flattered by this individual touch! We use the following directions (courtesy of Michaels) and then vary the bead colors and/or bead sizes based on personal preference and the seasonal palette. (Notes: All components are available at Michaels, and I removed any color references so you can feel free to use the colors of your choice!)
REMEMBER: Have fun with this!! :) Choose the beads and colors that inspire you!
Designed by Julia Bernstein courtesy of Halcraft USA, Inc.
Crafting Time: 1 hour
Skill Level (1-5): 3
- Halcraft Bead Gallery 20mm X 20mm Flat Square Glass
- Halcraft Bead Gallery 25 cm semi precious stone
- Halcraft Bead Gallery Halcraft Bead Gallery 25 cm semi precious stone of a different tone
- Halcraft Bead Gallery Tiny round beads
- Halcraft Bead Heaven Silver Bracelet Memory Wire
- Making Memories 7/16 inch letters
- Wire Cutters
- Round Nose Pliers
- For each charm use the wire cutters to cut a 4-inch length of memory wire (stretch the wire out and measure).
- For each monogrammed tag, slip one tiny round bead and one flat, square bead onto a headpin. Trim any excess length from the headpin leaving a 1/2 inch above the bead. Use round nose pliers to form a closed loop at the top of the headpin.
- To assemble charms, make a loop at one end of each piece of memory wire. Slip one tiny round bead, one oval, (or round) bead, and another tiny round bead onto the memory wire. Add the flat square bead on the headpin, then the same three beads on the other side. Make a loop on the opposite end. Bend the wire gently so the two loops at each end of the wire meet and will be able to be placed around the stem of a glass.
- Use the letter stickers to personalize each tag on the flat square bead. Note: They can easily be removed and re-personalized for your next party.
- Use photo as a guide and follow manufacturer’s instructions for all products used
copyright 2010 Michaels Stores, Inc.